Preparing for your Tox Treatment
- We recommend that you discontinue the use of Aspirin, Motrin (Ibuprofen, Aleve, Advil), Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids at least 3 days to 1 week before and after treatment to minimize bruising or bleeding. Please consult with your primary physician prior to discontinuing any medications.
- Avoid alcohol 24-48 hours before and after your treatment (alcohol may increase risk of bruising and swelling).
- If you develop a cold or flu, cold sore, blemish, or rash in the area to be treated prior to your appointment, please reschedule your appointment until it resolves.
- Wait at least 2 weeks to have botulinum toxin treatments performed if you have previously had cosmetic treatments with laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion.
- If you have a special event or vacation coming up, please keep in mind that you may want to schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks in advance.
- Eat a snack or meal and hydrate before your visit. If you have any further questions, please contact us directly at 415-686-3546 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s keep that tox fabulous!
- Refrain from vigorous exercise for at least 4 hours following treatment. It takes the toxin approximately 2 hours to bind itself to the nerve terminal to start to take effect. Increasing circulation may inadvertently move the botulinum toxin from where it was injected.
- Do NOT lie head down flat, touch, or rub the treated areas for at least 4 hours.
- Avoid Aspirin, Motrin (Ibuprofen, Aleve, Aspirin), Gingko Biloba, Garlic, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other essential fatty acids for 24 hours following treatment. These items may increase bleeding and bruising.
- Avoid heavy alcohol and cigarettes, if possible, 24-48 hours after your treatment. These may contribute to increased swelling or irritation.
- Avoid cosmetic treatments such as laser, ultrasound, peels, facials or micro-dermabrasion for 2 weeks after treatment with Dysport, Yeoman or Botox.
- Try to avoid wearing makeup until the day after treatment. Earlier use may cause pustules. If you must wear makeup we recommend a good quality mineral makeup for the face.
- Please report to your provider if any increased pain, increased swelling, redness, blisters, or itching immediately, should it occur following your treatment.
- The treatment may take 2-10 days to take full effect.
- If you have any additional questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com or 415-686-3546.